Collins Comfort Plumbing Facebook Collins Comfort Plumbing Twitter Collins Comfort Plumbing RSS
I found the Collins technician to be a real gentleman, careful, pleasant, accommodating, and patient with my unusual situation, as....
Read more
John, Mesa AZ

Prevent Emergencies With Water Heater Repair

Water Heater RepairMalfunctioning water heaters and other gas appliances are usually to blame for carbon monoxide poisoning. Carbon monoxide is a gas that is colorless, tasteless, and odorless, which makes it particularly dangerous. The most common signs of carbon monoxide poisoning are dizziness, headache, and nausea. As symptoms get worse, victims may experience a loss of consciousness, and ultimately death. Because of this, water heater repair and repair of any other malfunctioning gas appliance should be taken care of immediately. Here at Collins Comfort Masters Plumbing, our Gilbert plumbers understand how real and urgent water heater repair is, so you can count on us to get the job done in a timely manner.

Preventing Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Thankfully, there are steps you can take to lower the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning.

  • Repair and have routine maintenance performed on all gas appliances. This includes water heater repair and maintenance of your heating system.
  • Install battery operated carbon monoxide detectors in your home. Keep one on each level of your home, especially levels with bedrooms. Test the monitors regularly to ensure proper function.
  • Make sure your vents and chimneys are cleaned and inspected regularly for proper air circulation.
  • Open fireplace damper before lighting a fire and make sure it stays open until the fire is out and the ashes have cooled.
  • Do not leave gas ovens on for anything other than cooking or baking.
  • If a carbon monoxide alarm sounds or you or a family member experience symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning, get out of the home immediately and call 911.

Call Collins Comfort Masters Plumbing at 480-717-3058 if you suspect your water heater is not functioning properly.

Source: Daily Chronicle, “Carbon Monoxide Calls More Frequent in the Winter,” Debbie Behrends, Feb 12, 2014.

Click here for our Heating & Air Conditioning Site